Congratulations to all of the teams who worked hard preparing for the Area 2 Ag. Mechanics CDE. Area 2 was well represented and I enjoyed working with all of the teachers and students. Special thanks to Mr. Rob Jackson and Mr. Travis Sertich for hosting the event and to Area 2 FFA Officer Kylie Whitworth for her assistance. It takes a lot of help to conduct this event and I want to take a moment to recognize those who served as judges:

Welding - Mr. Dan Bennett and Mr. Doug Rouark (Walton EMC) Mr. Dusty Bolman from North Georgia Tech.
Electricity - Mr. Jacob Powell (Caterpillar)
ENR (Stadia Hairs) - Mr. Tim Coulter (Rayle EMC) & Mr. Jeff Paul (Walton EMC)
Machinery and Equipment (Hydraulics) -  Mr. Richard Heard (Rayle EMC) & Chris Crump
Team Activity (Honda Engine) - Mr. Travis Sertich
Compact Eguipment (Small Engines) - Mr. Sonny Turner and Mr. Gary Farmer
Written Exam - Josh Allen and Kylie Whitworth
Scoring - Mr. Josh Allen

I would also like to thank Mr. Dusty Bolman and North Georgia Technical College for sponsoring awards for the high scoring individual in the welding portion of the CDE, and I'd like to thank Mr. Dustin Keener, Mr. Scott Wheatley and their teams for staying to pack up and load the trailer.

Scores have been checked and the rosters have been verified. The top two teams will represent Area 2 in the State Ag. Mechanics CDE in February at Fort Valley State College.

Congratulations to:

1st place team - Banks County High School - Advisor, Mr. Scott Wheatley

Catherine Boyer - High Scoring individual and high scoring individual in the welding skill
Ethan Cobb
Logan Ferguson
Tucker Carlan

2nd place team - White County High School - Advisor, Mr. Dustin Keener

Garrett Morgan
Conley Sosbee
Jacob Partin
Ethan Blocker

A complete summary of the scores is attached.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher