Congratulations to all of the teams who worked hard preparing for the Area
1 Ag. Mechanics CDE. I enjoyed working with all of the teachers and
students. Special thanks to Mr.Josh Daniel for hosting the event and to
Area1 FFA Officer Rebecca Wallace for her assistance. It takes a lot of
help to conduct this event and I want to take a moment to recognize those
who served as judges:

Welding - Mr. Dan Bennett and Mr. John Hamm (Walton EMC) Mr. John Bleckley
from North Georgia Tech.
Electricity - Mr. Jacob Powell (Caterpillar)
ENR (Stadia Hairs) - Mr. Tim Coulter (Rayle EMC) & Mr. Jeff Paul (Walton
EMC)
Machinery and Equipment (Hydraulics) -  Mr. Richard Heard (Rayle EMC)
Team Activity (Honda Engine) - Mr. Josh Daniel and Mr. Jason Cantrell
Compact Eguipment (Small Engines) - Mr. Sonny Turner and Mr. Gary Farmer
Written Exam - Cassidy Byess
Scoring - Mr. Josh Allen

I would also like to thank Mr. John Bleckley and North Georgia Technical
College for sponsoring awards for the high scoring individual in the
welding portion of the CDE, and I'd like to thank Mr. Daniel and his FFA
members for assisting with packing up and loading the trailer.

Scores have been checked and the rosters have been verified. The top two
teams will represent Area 1 in the State Ag. Mechanics CDE in February at
Fort Valley State College.

Congratulations to:

1st place team - Gilmer County High School - Advisor, Mr. David Bushey

Thomas Chastain
Chandler Morris
Bricen Mulkey
Eli Cochran - High scoring individual in the welding skill

2nd place team - Dawson County High School - Advisor, Mr. Josh Daniel

Tyler Margita - High Scoring individual in the CDE
Austyn Locke
Rob Cox
Jerry painter

A complete summary of the scores is attached.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher