Teachers, I hope that you have gotten off to a good start this year and are looking forward to working with your students and providing them with great experiences in Agricultural Mechanics. Information pertaining to the 2011 - 2012 FFA-GEMC Speech Demonstration topic is now available on my Ag.Ed portal. Dates for all of the area and state Ag. Mechanics CDE's are also listed. We are still working on finalizing the dates for the EMC training sessions, you can look for those dates to be available early next week. Information pertaining to the Ag. Mechanics team activity will be coming shortly.

If you are interested in pursuing Industry Certification in Agricultural Mechanics and need to know how to get started, start by going to the Georgia Agricultural Education website, and clicking on Industry Certification on the left side of the home page or click on this link: New Industry Certification Guide. Take some time to review these guidelines. I am sure that many of you meet the requirements and are more than qualified. The process is not that difficult but does take some time and commitment. Industry Certification is basically documenting what you are already doing and putting it into a notebook. While there is no current funding associated with industry certification, it is something that we need to be doing and will definitely bring documented credibility to the outstanding work you do and the opportunities that you provide for your students every day. Let me encourage you to consider this opportunity and offer my assistance if you need help getting started. For those of you who have already expressed a desire to go through the process and attended the North Region training or the break-out session and Summer Conference, thank you. Please know that I am available to answer, or find answers, to questions.

Thank you for all that you do, I look forward to working with you again this year.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher