Teachers, I hope that you have gotten off to a good start this year and are
looking forward to working with your students and providing them with great
experiences in Agricultural Mechanics. Information pertaining to the 2011 -
2012 FFA-GEMC Speech Demonstration topic is now available on my Ag.Ed
portal. Dates for all of the area and state Ag. Mechanics CDE's are also
listed. We are still working on finalizing the dates for the EMC training
sessions, you can look for those dates to be available early next week.
Information pertaining to the Ag. Mechanics team activity will be coming
shortly.

If you are interested in pursuing Industry Certification in Agricultural
Mechanics and need to know how to get started, start by going to
the Georgia Agricultural Education website, and clicking on Industry
Certification on the left side of the home page or click on this link: New
Industry Certification
Guide<http://gaaged.org/Browseable_Folders/IndustryCertification/Industry%20Certification%20Guide%20August%202010.pdf>.
Take some time to review these guidelines. I am sure that many of you meet
the requirements and are more than qualified. The process is not that
difficult but does take some time and commitment. Industry Certification is
basically documenting what you are already doing and putting it into a
notebook. While there is no current funding associated with industry
certification, it is something that we need to be doing and
will definitely bring documented credibility to the outstanding work you do
and the opportunities that you provide for your students every day. Let me
encourage you to consider this opportunity and offer my assistance if you
need help getting started. For those of you who have already expressed a
desire to go through the process and attended the North Region training or
the break-out session and Summer Conference, thank you. Please know that I
am available to answer, or find answers, to questions.

Thank you for all that you do, I look forward to working with you again this
year.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher