Thank you to all the students who competed at the 2010 Area II Meats CDE.
We had a total of 11 Senior Teams & 16 Junior Teams compete yesterday with a
total of 103 students!

Special thanks to the UGA Animal & Dairy Science Department & the Meat
Science Lab for their generous hospitality and especially to Mr. Ryan Crowe,
Ms. Melissa Miller and Mrs. Alicia Tomlinson for their assistance in setting
up this contest.

Congratulations to the following teams & individuals!! (These results are
unofficial until rosters have been checked & confirmed).  All results are
attached in an excel workbook - please see separate tabs at the bottom for
Sr / Jr  & Team/ Individual results.  The top two teams in both Jr & Sr in
each Area will advance to the State Contest on December 4th at the UGA Meats
Lab in Athens.

*Senior Teams
*1st place:  Franklin County High School, Advisor:  Mr. Cale Watkins
2nd place:  Eastside High School, Advisor:  Mrs. Abbey Brown

*Senior High Individuals:
*1st place:  Russell Smith, Franklin County High School
2nd place:  Alan Godwin, Franklin County High School
3rd place:  Haley Dodd, Banks County High School

*Junior Teams
*1st place:  Stephens County High School, Advisors:  Dr. Farrish Mulkey &
Mr. Nicholas Moody
2nd place:  Franklin County Middle School, Advisor:  Ms. Anna Bellamy

*Junior High Individuals
*1st place:  Josie Anderson, Stephens County High School
2nd place:  Madison Hickey, Stephens County High School
3rd place:  Taylor Gunter, Franklin County Middle School
--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher

see.