Discussion Meet registration

Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:35:12 -0400

text/plain

Teachers, below is the list of the Discussion Meet CDE topics that Ben
Lastly sent out in December.   For our Area CDE, we will use one of
these 4 topics.  If you plan to have a participant in the Discussion
Meet CDE, please reply back to this email with your FFA Chapter name,
your name and the name of your FFA member who plans to participate.
Students need to compete in official FFA dress.

The Discussion Meet will start at 5pm and will be held at the same
date and location as the Area I and Area II teachers' meetings.

Area I - Thursday, April 2 at Rome, GA at Cossa Valley Tech

Area II - Tuesday, March 31 at Clarkesville, GA. at North Georgia Tech

For more information on this CDE, please refer to the Discussion Meet
CDE rules on the Ag. Ed. website.

Blane

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Lastly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM
Subject: FFA Discussion Meet topics - 2009
To: [log in to unmask]

Teachers,

The Georgia Farm Bureau and Georgia FFA have agreed on the following
topics for the 2009 FFA Discussion Meet. Please let me know if you
have any questions. Tommy Waldrop, Area Teacher in the South Region,
will be the Superintendent of the state Discussion Meet CDE again this
year.

How can the aging infrastructure of the United States support the
transportation of agricultural commodities in the future?

Cost
Regulation
Safety
Modes of transportation
Competition with non-agricultural commodities

How do land grant universities remain on the forefront of an
ever-changing agricultural environment?

Research
Extension
Taxpayer fiscal responsibilities
Timeliness of information
FB relationship

How Will State Budget Cuts Affect Agriculture Education?

Can Agricultural Education maintain its current professional status
with fewer people and resources?

How will FFA be directly affected?
What is the importance of continually being aware and involved in
legislative affairs?
How can you use your influence and share your FFA experience to affect
opinions and outcomes of legislators and their votes?

FINALS TOPIC

While Presented and Adopted in 1930, and subsequently Revised, Why
Does the FFA Creed continue to have Relevance for Today’s FFA Member?

·         Discuss the five areas of the creed

·         Discuss today’s application for each.

·         If you could make one change in the creed, what would that
change be and why would you make that change?

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science, UGA