Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:15:51 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Groeneveld <J.Groeneveld@ITGROUPS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why are there funny characters in the emails?
Comments: To: Diana Noble <diana.noble@PRUDENTIAL.COM>

Diana,

It contains coded information, attachments like pictures, Word files and the like. That information can not be sent as it is via regular email, but has to be coded to text, and normally will be decoded to its original contents and meaning on reception. In specific cases you are able to see the coded part of the message, looking like garbage.

Jim. -- Y. Groeneveld, MSc IMRO TRAMARKO tel. +31 412 407 070 senior statistician, P.O. Box 1 fax. +31 412 407 080 head IT department 5350 AA BERGHEM IMRO TRAMARKO: a CRO J.Groeneveld@ITGroups.com the Netherlands in clinical research

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy, compatible y

"My job is to keep my computer working." - Jim Groeneveld