Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:21:57 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         orygreg@MY-DEJA.COM
Subject:      Re: Delete page breaks in Proc Report

In article <s8293bb2.004@10.1.114.34>, Richard Kerwin <RichardKerwin@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> wrote: > Dear SAS-L, > I am in the modifying a reporting process and need some help. The process I am modifying is written in SQL, and generates 14 reports with each report containing data on several hundred different variables(bus_ent_id). My users aren't exactly crazy about this, so I have modified the process so that it generates several hundred reports by bus_ent_id that each contain the info that was in the 14 previous reports. Because the users still want customized reports, what I actually have is 14 individual PROC Reports on each of the several hundred bus_ent_ids. Many of these reports are considerably less than one page long, so I am hoping someone knows how to suppress the white space and page breaks in the first 13 reports, and break on only the last report. > I and the trees in Oregon thank you for any responses. > Rich Kerwin >

Hi Rich. I don't use PROC REPORT, but have you tried using OPTIONS DFORMDLIM='-'; ?? This SAS option lets you tell it what to use a page break. If you set to ' ' (I believe) it defaults to using the real page break character. But if you set it to '-' it puts dashes in between reports, so multiple reports print on one page. Then before you print your 14th report, set it back to ' ' to get a real page break.

Hope this helps...

Greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.