Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 16 Oct 1999 12:07:06 +0100
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Peter Crawford <Peter@CRAWFORDSOFTWARE.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject:   system option S ( was Font size 7? )

F a b r i z i o <Fabrizio1@usa.net> writes >Leo wrote in message <7tn0pl$pne$1@news1.xs4all.nl>... >>I use a 15 inch monitor with a 800*600 resolution and SAS v 6.12. >>To have all text on screen without a horz. scrollbar, I like to install a >>letter font with size 7. > > >Try Courier or Courier New, optionally with the BOLD attribute. >It may yield readable screen fonts at point size 8, yet allowing >more characters per inch than a SASfont size 8. > >HTH > >Fabrizio

What Leo (in message <7tn0pl$pne$1@news1.xs4all.nl>) was seeking is something I don't normally look for (avoiding that horz. scroll bar)

If these solutions don't do what you need, try it _backwards_ ! Persuade your session to expect shorter text in that window. At invocation, set the S option to something smaller, like 70. Then the pgm-Ed shouldn't want to offer wider text than 70.

...So I tested my idea, and found it impossible to set this option on my win95 system at configuration, neither in the config file nor on the icon, each time as " -s 70 " This is a bit different from the documentation, which encourages me to believe I should be able to set this system option as -s 70

Please can anyone explain ! -- Peter Crawford (_knowledge_ is a poor substitute for *real* experience, but they make a great team)