Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:29:07 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Kowalczyk, Andrew" <AKowalczyk@NT.DMA.STATE.MA.US>
Subject:   Re: a program to calculate person-years
Comments:   To: F a b r i z i o <Fabrizio1@USA.NET>

Be careful about your definition of "correct" - many leap day babies celebrate their birthday on Feb 28.

For many years I worked for a large life insurance company - in this leap day instance we generally picked the day that would be most favorable to the customer. If being at a lower age meant you qualify for a lower rate then we used March 1 but if you had to obtain an age to receive a benefit then we used Feb 28.