Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:51:15 +0300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arjen Raateland <Arjen.Raateland@VYH.FI>
Subject:      Re: FW: submit from file?

Workman, Robert wrote: > > An even easier way is to use %include. As in: %inc 'd:\temp\tmp.sas'

%include doesn't work on the command line. Include does, but you have to add a SUBMIT command, too.

This works on a toolbar button: pgm ; include "%sysget(_sas_appl_root)\dev\vkl\sekalaisia\update_VKL_production.sas" ; submit ;

The following command sequence does absolutely nothing, although according to the manual it should in fact run the program:

pgm; submit file="%sysget(_sas_appl_root)\dev\vkl\sekalaisia\update_VKL_production.sas"

I find I often have problems with commands from the command line/buttons, e.g. I cannot clear a library name with submit 'libname vkl clear;', but the same libname command in the PGE window works fine. (The libref in this example is originally defined as a SAS environment variable VKL. This seems to have something to do with this problem.)

-- Arjen Raateland Finnish Environment Institute SAS Support phone +358 9 4030 0350