Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:42:51 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:   Re: UNIX
Comments:   To: Srna Carol <Carol.Srna@M1.IRS.GOV>

> Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 06:40:14 -0400 > From: Srna Carol <Carol.Srna@M1.IRS.GOV> > Subject: UNIX > > Hi. Is there a Unix group like the SAS-L group? > TIA.

If you're looking for a SAS-on-Unix group, just post here, this is where we hang out. A few of us care more about Unix than SAS these days, only we spell them "L-I-N-U-X" and "P-E-R-L-&-R" respectively.

If you're looking for assistance on Unix, try newsgroups under the news:comp.unix.* heierarchy, or more likely, under news:comp.os.linux.*, which is seeing far more activity these days and is good for general userland (not vendor-specific) questions.

If you prefer email-based groups, local Linux user groups may be helpful, try GLUE: http://www.linuxresources.com/glue/ (groups of Linux users everywhere) for a local chapter.

-- Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?