Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:44:41 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Lary Jones <ljones@BINGHAMTON.EDU>
Subject:   SAS-L File Contribution Server
Comments:   cc: F Joseph Kelley <jkelley@ARCHES.UGA.EDU>

At 03:25 PM 6/23/1999 -0400, Joe Kelley wrote: >The move to "listserv.uga.edu" was made yesterday ('23jun1999'd) >afternoon/evening. ...

Many of you may be aware that a SAS-L File Contribution Server (FCS) has existed at UGA for several years. The FCS is an archive of SAS routines contributed by the readers of SAS-L. All entries have been reviewed and include a read-me file and brief documentation. In each case, the authors have included contact information, but only for the purpose of attribution and brief questions.

The changes to listserv at UGA also affect this project, and the little birdy at SAS Institute who helped with this project is no longer able to do so. After chirping with this birdy and Joe Kelley, I have decided to move this project to Binghamton University. There will be a transition period. Nevertheless,

1. The FCS archive is temporarily available via ftp from:

statcons.cc.binghamton.edu

user: sasfcs pass: (enter the name of the warm city where SUGI 24 was held)

2. I plan to make FCS available via a web interface to the unix based stat. server I am working on:

statmart.binghamton.edu (not yet a valid address)

I will be leaving on vacation this evening. After I return on the 12th, I will put out a note about provisional guidelines and a request for input.

That's about it for now...

Lary Jones

_______________________________________________________ Lary Jones % Statistical Computing Analyst Computing Services % .......................... Binghamton University % LJones@Binghamton.EDU Binghamton, NY 13902-6000 % (607) 777-2879