Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 18 May 1999 12:38:28 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Bauer, John" <bauer@SPSS.COM>
Subject:   Re: running SCRIPT.....

Raynald,

Your original description of the problem showed only the .ExecuteCommands and the While .IsBusy loop. However, you are copying information to the Clipboard. There are often latency problems when doing so, depending on what is being placed there and what other applications may be doing.

You might look at the Export To Word / Excel scripts. When using the clipboard, they use Sleep from the Windows API, and an error handler with what is called an exponential back-off. Even so, excess user activity or other events outside the control of the script occasionally result in failure of either the cut or paste operation.

You should not be polling .IsBusy after operations such as selecting data cells, copying, or pasting. These are "Front End" operations, and do not involve the SPSS Processor.

John Bauer, Ph.D. SPSS Developer Support

visit the SPSS Script eXchange: http://www.spss.com/software/spss/scriptexchange/

-----Original Message----- From: Raynald Levesque [mailto:rlevesque@VIDEOTRON.CA] Sent: Monday, May 17, 1999 8:08 PM To: SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: running SCRIPT.....

(copy was not sent to the list when I sent it to J. Bauer). Raynald

From: Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca> To: Bauer, John <bauer@spss.com> Sent: Monday, May 17, 1999 8:41 PM Subject: Re: running SCRIPT.....