Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:17:01 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Ward, David" <dward@INNOVEX-DAS.COM>
Subject:   Re: File-Open-Directory in Windows SAS
Comments:   To: Peter Crawford <Peter@CRAWFORDSOFTWARE.DEMON.CO.UK>

I've used short SCL programs to control the behavior of the file dialog boxes. You could keep a data set or external flat file containing directories, then by clicking a button submit a proc display to run the SCL entry which would use popmenu() to display a list of directories, the filedialog() function to show a dialog box, then call execcmd() to perform the 'include' command on the file. It works quite well and is very flexible. HTH, David Ward