Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:03:35 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Crawford <Peter@CRAWFORDSOFTWARE.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: Permanent SAS Formats

I think your solution is either to use the fmtsearch= option for multiple format catalogs, or use system option NOfmtErr to avoid any errors

Mike Rayle <mike.rayle@WRIGHT.EDU> writes >Hi, > >I am using SAS on UNIX to create a >series of permanent SAS data Sets. When >I use the >LIBNAME LIBRARY 'Subdirectory' statement >and the LIBRARY = LIBRARY option on PROC >FORMAT, I am able to creat a formats >file called FORMATS.SC101. This works >perfectly. > >How do I create a different format file >for each SAS data set that I create (ie >How do I change the names on the format >files) ? Then how do I reference the >format files when trying to use them? >As long as I just use one format file I >am not confused. Its when I need >multiple format files that I get messed >up. > >Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Mike >MIKE.RAYLE@WRIGHT.EDU

-- Peter Crawford