Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:34:10 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Mendicino, Tom" <TMendicino@FLEETCC.COM>
Subject:      PROC SQL Option that will allow Oracle Hint

Can anyone tell me the PROC SQL option that will allow me to use the following hint in pass-through to Oracle? The hint must be enclosed between /* */ - how do I get SAS to not see this as a comment? I believe there is a PROC SQL option that will accomplish this. Thanks!!

PROC SQL; CONNECT TO ORACLE(USER=xxxxxx ORAPW=xxxxxxx BUFFSIZE=100 PATH="@ABCD"); CREATE TABLE JE.NEW AS SELECT PID ,VAR1 FROM CONNECTION TO ORACLE ( SELECT /*+ INDEX(INDEXNAME_VAR1_VAR2) */ A1.PID PID ,A1.ORACLE_VAR1 VAR1 FROM TABLE_NAME A1 WHERE A1.VAR1 IN ('YYYY','ZZZZ') AND A1.VAR2 = 199805 AND A1.VAR3 > 0 );

quit;

Tom Mendicino Fleet Credit Card Services Horsham, PA (215) 444-3774