Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:57:46 -0500
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Trosclair, Angela" <aat6@CDC.GOV>
Subject:   Re: Tundra Swan in Gwinnett County?
Comments:   To: Bill Cherepy <jcherepy@MINDSPRING.COM>

I saw the swan at the Country Club of Gwinnett late yesterday (5:30 pm). Unfortunately, I don't at the moment have a scope, but hope to obtain one before the bird leaves the area. He's really magnificent!!

Angela Trosclair aat6@cdc.gov

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Cherepy [mailto:jcherepy@MINDSPRING.COM] Sent: Friday, January 15, 1999 3:32 PM To: GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU Subject: [GABO-L] Tundra Swan in Gwinnett County?

Greetings All.

I've been seeing what I believe to be an immature Tundra Swan on the lake at Briscoe Park in Snellville, Gwinnett County. The bird was with a flock of Canada Geese for about five days and I last saw it on Wednesday, Jan 13. It reappeared today, Friday, Jan 15.

I took some photos with a 200mm telephoto and they are not the greatest, but I posted them on my Web site and several people agree that it appears to be a Tundra. The bird was difficult to photograph since it stays in the center of the lake and is difficult to get close to. The photos are at

http://www.mindspring.com/~jcherepy/tempy/swan2.jpg

If anyone has questions, they can call me at 770-972-0377.

Bill Cherepy Grayson, GA jcherepy@mindspring.com