Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Dec 1998 20:11:53 +0000
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Larry N. Ross" <lnrsaw@MTO.INFI.NET>
Subject:      American Kestrels

Over the last few weeks numerous reports have been posted to GABO-L listing the species and numbers seen during outings. I have read these with interest; however, I do not recall anyone listing any kestrels. During my daily travels around middle Georgia I am seeing numerous kestrels. I regularly see anywhere from 1-5 everyday, usually in the same locations. Are other people noticing these numbers of birds? If so, why are they not listed on the species counts? I am also seeing what to me are good numbers of shrikes. Any comments?

Larry N. Ross Elko, Ga.