Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Nov 1998 05:06:38 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         christopher chan <conjecture@GEOCITIES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Qu: I need to implement a AI technique to analysis a database
Comments: To: STAT-L@VM1.MCGILL.CA, EDSTAT-L@JSE.STAT.NCSU.EDU

Hi, I should make it more specific.

Question 1 I need to make use of AI(artifical intelligent) to analysis a database. The method can merge several source(database) of information together in order to do decision analysis, baysian approach may be one of a method. The detail of method, I will omit, but we can regard it as formula and if-then-else statement. My challenge is that I get a database which has only linked up with SAS. I have spent about one month to study SAS to see whether it is possible with reasonable effort to implement the AI algorithm in SAS.

Question 2 Also, if I have a database which contains sex, name, age, address. I need to match with the same address. People with the same address, age>50 and sex=F, we may regard her as mother. And people with the same address, age>50 and sex=M,we may regard he as father. Other may regard as son or daught..etc.. How to write this out in SAS? How to manage the memory and data structure? Please give me some hint.

Thanks