Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 1)Back to main CONCH-L pageJoin or leave CONCH-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Oct 1998 22:34:00 EDT
Sender:       Conchologists of America List <CONCH-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Sarah R. Watson" <Terebra@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hybrids within the Cypraeidae

Just a question but wouldn't a hybrid of a species mean that the parent species were actually the same species? I have always been taught that separate species are defined as not being able to mate with any organisms other than ones of the same species. If these certain cypraea are mating with other species then are they actually members of different species or the same species? I am curious to know. Sarah

ps think I have said species enough ok one more species.