Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 25 Jul 1998 02:08:07 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jennifer <jenniferprice@EROLS.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS-L Digest - 24 Jul 1998 to 25 Jul 1998

>I have a Microsoft Access database that I sould like to read using SAS. How do I read it? >My preferred solution is to copy the whole thing to a SAS database, and then forget about Access. I had naively >assumed that DBMS copy could do this for me, but it won't even recognize an Access database. Maybe I just need >an upgrade, but I would like to hear from someone who has done this conversion. >If that fails, I might try reading it directly from SAS. Or perhaps I can be persuaded that this is actually an easier >way. >Thanks in advance for any help. >Bill

Bill, We did this very thing using DBMS Copy last year. We had to use the ODBC program in the control panel and set up all of our MS Access databases as data sources. Then the data was read into SAS using a special LIBNAME option. If you would like I can get you the actual code used. The DBMS Copy tech support guy (Henry?) was extremely helpful.

Jennifer Price jenniferprice@erols.com