Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Jul 1998 19:48:18 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Christian F. G. Schendera" <cschende@IX.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>
Subject:      PROC TRANSREG for normalizing?

A book about SAS said in short, PROC TRANSREG produces optimal transformations concerning ANOVAs. My +ACo-first question+ACo- is: Can I use PROC TRANSREG to change the distribution of a non normal distr. var into a normal distributed one. The aim is, I want to compare both vars und test HOW different their effect is within a ANOVA analysis. The +ACI-second question+ACI- is: How do I do this? Via dummy, e.g.? The problematic variable is interval. TIA, Christian