Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Apr 1998 19:10:37 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tina Chen <Tina_Chen@BERLEX.COM>
Subject:      Question about transport file - reply

Ming-Shan,

First, you need to convert this transport file to SAS data set before you can see it.

You may like to ask what procedure was used to export transprot file. I suppose it would be PROC C16PORT.

Then use PROC CIMPORT to re-create SAS data set.

Example

The following example uses the C16PORT procedure to create a transport file from the INLIB Release 6.08 SAS data library, then creates a Release 6.12 data library (OUTLIB) using the CIMPORT procedure.

libname inlib 'c:\lib608'; /* Directory containing 6.08 catalogs */ libname outlib 'c:\lib611'; /* Directory to contain 6.12 catalogs */

proc c16port file='transprt' l=inlib; run; proc cimport infile='transprt' l=outlib; run;

Good luck.