Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:40:41 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Beakley,Steve" <SBEAKLEY@CERNER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hiding Passwords in SAS/Access Code

The password will automatically be concealed in any log references, replaced with a series of X's. To conceal the information in the code, I'd probably recommend compiling the code using the Stored Program Facility. Another option, a little more complicated but more robust, would be to pass the password from the operating system using SYSPARM. I know this is possible on the VMS/Alpha platform, and assume it would work on other OS's as well.

Steven Beakley CERNER CORPORATION 2800 Rockcreek Parkway, MD 3212 Kansas City, MO 64117 (816) 201-1403 sbeakley@cerner.com http://www.cerner.com