Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 1997)Back to main REXXLIST pageJoin or leave REXXLIST (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Dec 1997 08:22:24 -0800
Sender:       REXX Programming discussion list <REXXLIST@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Frank Merrow <fmerrow@QUALCOMM.COM>
Subject:      Re: EPM REXX MACRO QUESTION

>I would like to be able to set the text color on some lines >of a file from within a REXX (*.ERX) macro. > >Basically the macro searches the file and looks for certain >keywords. When it finds a line with the keyword on, it is >supposed to set the line to red and then move on. > >So far all I have been able to do is to set every line to the >same color - the unmarked text color.

It looks like you have already found this information, but the only source of Rexx/EPM inforamtion I know of is the "QuickRef" from the EPM help menu. (Like the last section in the file.) Scanning it quickly, it looks like you are right, you can control the MARK color and nothing more.

HOWEVER, I am told that EPM has been upgraded and this upgrade (to version 6.x if I recall correctly) has some Rexx enhansements. This might be one of them. So if you are using the EPM out of the OS/2 box, you might check into the upgrade. Some third party offers this, but it is the same third party that originally wrote EPM for IBM AND the last I knew the upgrade was free!!!

Frank