Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:14:20 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         pbsmith <pbsmith@INDIANA.EDU>
Subject:      Measures of fit? Comparing two empirical distributions

PROC CAPABILITY has the handy feature of allowing a comparison between an empirical distribution and a theoretical distribution.

I have two empirical distributions -- approximations to the sampling distribution of the sample mean from two Monte Carlo tests -- and I'd like to know how well one fits the other. Is there any handy way to do this in SAS?

Thanks,

Brad Smith Indiana University pbsmith@indiana.edu