Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 1997 06:55:03 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lloyd Lubet <llubet@RT66.COM>
Subject:      learning SAS, UNIX, ORACLE

The job market presents a moving target... from C and Assembler to C++ from S+ to SAS from SQL Server and DB2 to ORACLE or INFORMIX >From WIN NT back to UNIX. At any event, here are my questions concerning the best ways to learn these skills in a hurry: 1. Do you know of any very good reference books? Easy to read. 2. Are there any good technical support services? (NOT Microsoft or IBM) 3. Are there any web sites, telnet sites, university computer centers where I can set up an account and use the above software at least some of it? 4. Are there any really good CD-ROMS with courses containing the above subjects? What about this virtual university? This last point is the most appealing. It's a new concept (for me) and hard to locate? 5. Is the demand for SAS programmers still very high? It is hard for me to gauge this from a biased sample of biased executive search agencies.

Thank you in advance. Don't forget to pick up my free financial, economic and stock market data in appreciation for your advice.

-- Lloyd Lubet, MS Mathematics and MS Industrial Engineering/Operations Research E-Mail: llubet@rt66.com Web Site: www.rt66.com/~llubet --- free financial database