Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:16:38 PST
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         TWB2%Rates%FAR@GO50.COMP.PGE.COM
Subject:      Re: macro debugging using log
Comments: To: hoostdyk@EURONET.NL

Early versions of SAS generated meaningful line numbers for macro-generated code. Someone thought this new approach would be better. Eventually, it will be fixed (back to the old way). In the meantime, there are macros to process the log and extract the generated code. Naturally, they do not work on any code interesting enough to require them.

In short, no you did not miss anything.

Tim Berryhill - Contract Programmer and General Wizard TWB2@PGE.COM or http://www.aartwolf.com/twb.html Frequently at Pacific Gas & Electric Co., San Francisco The correlation coefficient between their views and my postings is slightly less than 0 ----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:Han Oostdijk <hoostdyk@EURONET.NL> I hope someone is willing to help me with the following problem. When using macro's I don't know how to use the information in the log when there are warnings or errors.

In the example below (in MVS-batch 6.08) I call a macro which is contained in an included member. Every error or warning message seems to occur on line 552 (the line in the log on which the macro is called). What does column mean in this situation? <SNIP>