Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 1996, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:48:47 PST
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   TWB2%Rates%FAR@GO50.COMP.PGE.COM
Subject:   Re: Read real time data from EIS
Comments:   To: yannis@PHILOS.COM

I did not have much luck letting the mainframe drive a SAS/Connect session. I was able to set up 6.08 SAS/Connect on MVS, start SAS 6.04 on the PC, and remote submit a PROC DOWNLOAD. This did not allow the mainframe to send me any new data it got, but it allowed me to request the most current data available.

If you are using a beta release, you should be ready to solve some problems, call SI, and read some ugly manuals. What release are you running on the mainframe? Do you have a supported connection and if so, what is it (Irma card, tcp/ip)? Does your signon script work? Can you RSUBMIT anything? Can you RSUBMIT PROC DOWNLOAD? Do you have SAS/Share, which avoids some of these problems? Where did you run into problems, and how far did you get before you had problems?

Tim Berryhill - Contract Programmer and General Wizard TWB2@PGE.COM or http://www.aartwolf.com/twb.html Frequently at Pacific Gas & Electric Co., San Francisco The correlation coefficient between their views and my postings is slightly less than 0 ----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:yannis@PHILOS.COM I downloaded a SAS dataset from the MVS by using Cpott and Cimport. I created a MDDB. I can work with my data now. I created reports and graphs. My question is from the EIS on my PC is there a way that I can work directly with the MVS so I can read real time data? I was told that with SAS access I can do it, but I couldn't set it up. Is there another way. Or even with SAS Access does anybody has any idea how can I do it:

I am using 6.12 BETA