Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 1 Oct 1996 13:55:04 +0100
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Juan Luis Perez Martinez <jlperez@STROGOFF.INE.ES>
Subject:   Help on INSTALLING SAS 6.11 on a Network

Hi SAS-L,

I need to install, in a few days, SAS 6.11 on my Network. I have any problem on choosing the type of installation we need. I think, after reading Installation Instructions, that I must choose CUSTOM installation (this sounds right). Now, I'm in doubt about a STANDALONE installation or a CLIENT installation (here's your turn).

After the first installation on the Server, each of my users need a little installation, also. What do you think? FULL CLIENT for each one or simply copying the files in the sasroot directory on their HD, as is said en Technical Note TS348?

Thank you very much in advance.

Juan Luis Perez Martinez Jefe de Servicio Soporte a Usuarios Instituto Nacional de Estadistica Paseo Castellana 183 Despacho 113 28046 MADRID (Spain) E-mail: jlperez@ine.es __________________________________________