Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (August 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Aug 1996 14:55:25 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Dr. Steven P Ellis" <ellis@NEURON.CPMC.COLUMBIA.EDU>
Subject:      proc mixed w/ nested random factors

I'd like to do a variance components analysis using proc mixed and a model in which the fixed part contains 2 fixed factors, a few covariates, and assorted interactions. In addition, there are 2 random factors. The first random factor is subjects (repeated measures). This is nested in the second random factor, blocks. Different blocks are independent. Different subjects are conditionally independent given blocks. I may also want to include an interaction of block and subject.

I've discussed this with colleagues more learned than I concerning these matters. They have some ideas but none of them are sure of how to proceed.

If someone out there knows how to handle this problem, I'd like to hear from him/her.

Thanks in advance.

-- Steve Ellis