Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Jul 1996 06:41:25 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Baldur Kubo <baldur@PARK.TARTU.EE>
Subject:      Re: Convert PC-SAS 6.04 file to 6.11?

Hei!

rpirttij@cc.helsinki.fi (Reijo Pirttijarvi) wrote:

>Hi, there!

>I have a problem with an old SAS file created with the 6.04 DOS version >of the program. The file extension is .SSD. I'd now like to use it in >Windows environment in version 6.11, but I fail to convert it.

>What would be a good way to do the trick?

If the physical catalog/folder where the 6.04 dataset resides in, containes just ver 6.04 files, then

libname previous 'mycatalog';

will be sufficient. (See, the message in log after issuing this) If a catalog contains datasets of different versions

libname previous v604 'mycatalog';

will be sufficient.

If you want to convert datasets between different versions:

libname old v604 'mycatalog'; libname new v611 'mycatalog';

data new.mydset; set old.mydset; run;

!NB Online documentation can be reached with issuing help libname from SAS command line.

If you like assigning libnames with the new libname dialog better, (Globals,Access,Display libraries or dlglib command) then the different engines can be selected using the advanced button under new library definition

Terveisin, Baldur