Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:21:24 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dmitry Mesyanzhinov <dmes@EC26.ENRG.LSU.EDU>
Subject:      Q: How to rearrange variables?

Dear SAS users,

When I run proc means or contents on my dataset, variables appear in the order in which they were created. There are about 300 variables in the dataset, and it would be more convinient if the listing is done in, say, alphabetical order. I tried to specify the desired sequence of variables in the KEEP option, but that didn't work. Is there a way to rearrange the variables in a dataset?

Thanks in advance.