Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:00:06 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Paul A. Thompson" <pat@PO.CWRU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Tired of waiting

In a previous article, gdallal@world.std.com (Jerry Dallal) says:

> > Will someone please tell me why none of the three major > statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, SYSTAT--as evidenced by their > Usenet presence) has implemented multiple comparison > procedures for within-subjects factors for repeated measures > designs? If memory serves, even the procedures for between- > subjects factors are wanting--they apply to each response > separately, rather than the overall effect. > > Sometimes repeated measures are not longitudinal and > sometimes the sphericity condition is met and sometimes both > things happen simultaneously, or is an MCP invalid even under > these conditions? I hear rumors that 2-nd tier packages are > starting to include these tests. Why not the big guys? I'd > prefer not having to add another package to my machine if > possible, but I'm getting tired of writing DATA steps to > rearrange my data. > > Any insights would be gratefully appreciated. > Please chekc your WP.

Know anything about MIXED? May want to check into it. -- Paul Thompson, Ph.D. | This is a Rorshach .sig file. Stare hard at Department of Psychiatry | the following terms, and tell me what you see: Case Western Reserve Univ| KJA:HJSDiJL*T**&h*&*e&kjrlkJeLKJ,L**M&&&r*&*. Cleveland, OH 44106 | JHJHGJSHrDHJeSHHeWUYnUYUjYWJeHJHaMNMnXJJsYJY!