Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 May 1996 18:51:25 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Clark Roberts <us026486@INTERRAMP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Which is faster?

MDeines <MDeines@ADVANTA.COM> wrote:

>Does any one have any bench marking comparing SCL data processing and base >SAS >processing?

>I'm in the process of converting base SAS code into SCL code within an >application for >added flexibility, but I am concerned about added processing time using only >SCL code.

>Any response will be greatly appreciated.

>Michael Deines >Advanta Bank

SCL is compiled code, DATA step code is interpretive. Draw your own conclusions! You should be able to create benchmarks for your application, or parts of it, by using the SAS timing options, eg. STIMER, FULLSTIMER, etc. Decision Analytics, A SAS Quality Partner e-Mail dacmr@interramp.com or 76547.1575@compuserve.com Voice/FAX/Message: (619) 565-9998 Pager: (619) 975-0758