Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 1996, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 May 1996 08:18:34 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Karsten Self <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is 6.11 with Xwindows buggy ?
Comments: To: Nicholson & Ruth <nstn0159@FOX.NSTN.CA>

To resurrect this thread -- I *did* run into a glitch using help (helplus) under 6.11 on HPUX 10.0/VUE 3.0 vuewm (an X windows manager to the unitiated). Running WRQ Reflections as an X terminal emulator.

Vuewm is based on mwm and offers tear-off menus. When trying to tear off a 'help' menu, I lose the window manager. Talked SI tech support through this, they couldn't reproduce the problem, and I'm not convinced it's not a local configuration problem. Haven't tried tear-off menues *outside* of SAS. Any insights appreciated.

Bonus question: what is the syntax of X resources to set color on the SAS Session Manager window? Can this be set without resetting colors for the rest of my SAS session? ---------------------------------------- Karsten Self / kmself@ix.netcom.com

What part of gestalt don't you understand?