|Date: ||Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:30:23 -0500|
|Reply-To: ||William Illis <wri@USSU.CIBA.COM>|
|Sender: ||"SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>|
|From: ||William Illis <wri@USSU.CIBA.COM>|
|Subject: ||Wanted: Experiences with NT Server and SAS|
Anyone using SAS in a client/server environment (SAS/Connect) with
Windows NT Server as the OS on the server platform and either
Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Windows 95, or Windows NT Workstation
on the client?
Specifically, what are your experiences with NT Server:
* What is your hardare platform and configuration?
* How many SAS users can be supported?
* What size datasets do you process?
* What is response time like?
* How do you handle batch processing?
Any insights into the advantages/disadvantages of using NT Server
versus UNIX (AIX) as the server OS would be appreciated.