Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:48:20 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bhupinder Farmaha <bhupi80singh@YAHOO.CO.IN>
Subject:      Re: SAS-L Meetup (formerly BOF)
Comments: To: Rick Wicklin <Rick.Wicklin@SAS.COM>

Rick,

Many congratulations ! You was the best candidate for this award.

Bhupinder

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Rick Wicklin Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:45 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS-L Meetup (formerly BOF)

I did get to meet Andrew after the closing session. He probably doesn't remember because HE was surrounded by adoring crowds congratulating him on a FANTASTIC conference!

At the meetup, my tongue was twisted when I won the LROY award and tried to incoherently babble my thanks. A more coherent version would have been:

"The SAS-L list has helped tens of thousands of people become better SAS programmers. Discussions on the list have leds to many dozens of papers and presentations at SAS Global Forum and regional SUGs. The frequent contributors on the SAS-L are not only experienced and expert SAS programmers, but they are extraordinarily generous individuals who unselfishly devote hundreds of hours answering allsorts of questions about SAS software.

To be welcomed into this community has been a wonderful experience. To be given an award for my participation is something that I will treasure. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and passion about SAS. And thank you for this award!"

Still on Cloud Nine, Rick Wicklin (aka, "Ricky the Wiki") Statistical Programming and SAS/IML blog: blogs.sas.com/content/iml