Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:52:29 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Steven Raimi <sraimi@MARKETINGASSOCIATES.COM>
Subject:   Re: How to extract data using PROC SQL for unique combination of fields ?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:15:18 -0700, Irin later <irinfigvam@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>I know how to do it in SAS syntax while I do need to do it in SQL syntax.I have file with a bunch of fields: � claimid dischargeDate memberid field4 field5 field6 fieldn

and I need to to extract all fields just for unique combination of (claimid+dischargeDate+memberid) How can I do it? Could you please give me a hand? Thank you in advance, Irin

As described, this query should do it:

Select * from <dataset name goes here> where claimid = <claimid_value> and DischargeDate = <dd_value> and memberid = <memberid_value>;

If that doesn't work, you'll need to describe in more detail what you're trying to get from the dataset.

Steve