Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:31:14 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: OT: MS ACCESS
Comments: To: Arthur Tabachneck <art297@ROGERS.COM>

Access has two different parts: the interface (and interface builder), and the database.

The interface is what you see. The database can be the default JET engine, or you can use SQL Server, or Oracle, or whatever compatible database system you want. As far as I know, you could even use SAS running on a mainframe as your database engine (probably not fast).