Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:52:11 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Frustration With SAS - My Vote for most poorly implemented
              Programming Language "Feature"

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Nat posted the following:

> Tom > > I've wished for the autoclose on Viewtables many times myself. > Nat, wow; that is probably one of the best ideas that I have read in ages! I liked it soooo much that I just went to the SAS Institute web site, typed in the suggestion, and submitted it:

http://support.sas.com/contact/software_comments.html

I asked for an option that we could set to autoclose tables open in Viewtable while in SAS Display Manager. The default value (No) would support the status quo, while specifying "Yes" would allow SAS to automatically close any tables that it needed that were open in Viewtable.

Let's see if it gains any traction with the hard-working brainiacs in Cary!

Nat, best of luck in all your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com