Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:11:44 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Reminder: Toronto Area SAS Society (TASS) September Meeting

The next meeting of the Toronto Area SAS Society (TASS) will be at 8:30am, Friday, September 17th, 2010. The meeting will be held at SAS Canada, 280 King Street East, 5th Floor, Toronto, Ontario.

TASS has grown so much since it started in 1985 (our recent meetings have had between 200-300 attendees) that we are trying a new format this year:an all day meeting with the afternoon session devoted to Enterprise- Guide and similar interfaces-related topics and a morning session devoted to everything else. Our March and June meetings were extremely successful using that format, thus we've decided to continue using it.

The agendas for the two September 17th, 2010 sessions include:

Classic TASS Session 9:00 – 9:10 (10 minutes) - An Update from SAS Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada

9:10 - 9:40 (30 minutes) - Various Ways of Performing Logistic Regression Michael Lerner, Ontario Ministry of Education

9:40 - 10:10 (30 minutes) - JMP & SAS: 1+1= ∞ Wayne Levin, Predictum, Inc.

10:10 -10:30 (20 minutes) - Break

10:30 - 10:50 (20 minutes) - Strategic Data Management Kirby Sinclair, Clear Cell Canada, Inc.

10:50 - 11:10 (20 minutes) - Using the Descriptor Portion of a SAS® Data File Dragos Daniel Capan

11:10 - 11:45 (35 minutes) - Breakout Sessions

• Statistics • Coder’s Corner • JMP • Enterprise Guide

11:45 - 12.00 (15 minutes) - Prize Draw & Closing Remarks Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada

noon - 1.00pm Lunch (on your own)

Interfaces TASS Session 1:00 - 1:05 (5 minutes) - Words of Welcome Craig McCulloch, CAMC Consulting

1:05 - 2:05 (1 hour) - Report delivery through Stored Processes & the Microsoft Add-In Debbie Weisensee, McMaster University

2:05 - 2:30 (25 minutes) - Break

2:30 - 2:50 (20 minutes) - Custom Add-In for Creating Formats in Enterprise Guide 4.2 Judy Orr Lawrence, SAS Canada

2:50 - 3:25 (35 minutes) - Breakout Sessions

• Enterprise Guide for Programmers • Coder’s Corner • Enterprise Guide: Reporting • Enterprise Guide: Statistics

3:25 - 3:50 (15 minutes) - Prize Draw and Closing Remarks Craig McCulloch, CAMC Consulting and Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada

You can register for either or both sessions at: http://www.torsas.ca/downloads/20100917/Combined%20TASS%20Agenda%20Sept% 2017.pdf

or, in short form: http://xrl.us/bhw8i9

I look forward to seeing/meeting you there, Art