Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:01:01 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Choate, Paul@DDS" <Paul.Choate@DDS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: SAS registry key value question

Thanks RT -

Yes, "Options DETAILS" works in the program, autoexec, and config, as does the explorer options menu checkbox.

I want to edit the switch in the SAS DM registry. Anyone know how/where?

A few years ago I edited the switch to "on", but don't remember how I got to it. I'm guessing it was a DeVenezia or Crawford paper or post, but I can't locate it. I currently have the option turned off via my autoexec, but would like to simply have it "off". The checkbox switches it off during the session, but does not change in future sessions, even with "save settings on exit" turned on.

The problem is that the "details" option works okay with a small number of files, but we changed our data model and now have folders with several hundred files each. SAS Explorer takes a minute or two reading all the details whenever I click into a library, which is frequent. I'd like the DETAILS default in the registry back to "off".

TIA

Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: templerr@clear.net.nz [mailto:templerr@clear.net.nz] Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:44 PM To: Choate, Paul@DDS; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS registry key value question

Do you mean "Options DETAILS;" ????

Cheers RT

----- Original Message Follows ----- > This is a question for SAS DM gear heads. > > One can instruct SAS explorer to show row and column count > details of tables within the SAS Explorer library folder. > Two ways are either through the explorer options menu > <general tab><member details check box> or with a DETAILS > system option command. > > I have a dim memory that it is also possible to edit a SAS > registry key to switch this feature on or off, but I can't > find it. I am looking in the registry editor under > <solutions><accessories>. I find other Explorer > properties under [core][explorer][configuration], but no > "details". > > TIA! > > Paul Choate > DDS Data Extraction > (916) 654-2160