Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:13:39 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:   Re: Most recent input data set
Comments:   To: Daniel M <dmuenz@SDAC.HARVARD.EDU>

Daniel,

I MUST have misread your question, as it isn't often that I discover something that datanull doesn't already know.

And, to be honest, I'm not sure how to harvest the following, thus I will simply post what I found and hope others can explain and show you how you might be able to use it. It was the result of submitting some code with a typo.

If you run the following code:

proc print data=sashelp.class; run; %put &_VTtableName.; %put &_VTtableLabel.';

Your log will show something like the following:

114 proc print data=sashelp.class; 115 run; 116 %put &_VTtableName.; 117 %put &_VTtableLabel.'; ';proc print data=sashelp.class;run;%put &_VTtableName.;%put &_VTtableLabel.'

Surely, that can be grabbed and parsed!

Art -------- >Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to determine the data set most recently >read in by a PROC, similar to the way SYSLAST gives us the name of the data >set most recently created. > >So, if I do a PROC PRINT with the option data=work.mydata, I'd like a way to >retrieve the name "work.mydata". > >My initial suspicion, after a cursory search, is that this is not possible. > Please let me know if you think otherwise. > >Thanks, >Daniel