Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:28:37 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Data _null_;" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: I just want to write a few lines to STDOUT
Comments:   To: "W. Matthew Wilson" <matt@tplus1.com>

I think you want device terminal

FILENAME fileref <device-type><options> <operating-environment-options>;

device-type specifies the type of device or the access method that is used if the fileref points to an input or output device or location that is not a physical file:

TERMINAL specifies the user's terminal.

On 8/20/10, W. Matthew Wilson <matt@tplus1.com> wrote: > Hi -- > > I run most of my SAS programs from the command-line, sort of like this: > > > sas myprog.sas > > My "sas" program is really a script that runs my sas program and then > checks the return code and tells me what it returned. > > Anyhow, I want to write a few lines to standard output from myprog.sas > but I don't know how. I know how to write to a file: > > filename outfile "out.txt"; > data _null_; > file outfile; > put "blah blah blah"; > run; > > I'm baffled how to write to STDOUT (aka file descriptor #2). > > Any pointers? I'm working on windows right now. > > Matt > > -- > W. Matthew Wilson > matt@tplus1.com > http://tplus1.com >