Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:38:36 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         oloolo <dynamicpanel@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can SAS-L be improved?
Comments: To: Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>

no matter how sophisticated a search engine is, the intelligence of human brain is not replaceble, hence I think SAS-L still stands on top of all forums/knowlege Xchange portals, especially SAS-L has a loyal high quality professionals who are actively responing to Q's here. This Q/A forum is sometimes better than a knowlege Xchange portal in the sense that for inexperienced users, they may not know exactly what to search for and an experienced user can guide them through via posting back and forth. This is more of a Class Room style v.s. self study style. For talented and experienced student, self study may be superior but for average Joe, a professor is of great help.

The drop in hits may be due to the fact that new SAS users post on other forums so that the visibility of SAS-L is decreased among all clouds rising in recent years. I also check out SAS groups on linkedin.com but not mostly remain silent there. Examine the activity freqency and recency of top posters on SAS-L will be an interesting sub-task and I've made a note of this on my list.