Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:37:20 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peng, Lily" <Lily.Peng@PHARMA.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to read SAS version 6 dataset XX.ssd01 data in SAS 9?
Comments: To: Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com>

Thank you Joe!

I tried Proc CPORT and it also shows that the library which has V6 SAS data XX.ssd01 is empty. It seems that V6 datasets are not readable in Version 9...

1147 libname adata9 'c:\newdata'; NOTE: Libname ADATA9 refers to the same physical library as NEWLIB. NOTE: Libref ADATA9 was successfully assigned as follows: Engine: V9 Physical Name: c:\newdata 1148 filename tranfile 'c:\newdata\a_demo.ssd01'; 1149 proc cport library=adata9 file=tranfile; 1150 run;

WARNING: Library ADATA9 is empty

NOTE: PROCEDURE CPORT used (Total process time): real time 0.03 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds

From: Joe Matise [mailto:snoopy369@gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:25 PM To: Peng, Lily Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: How to read SAS version 6 dataset XX.ssd01 data in SAS 9?

I am not an expert in this area, but I think you might need to use PROC CPORT for this rather than PROC COPY.

-Joe On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Peng, Lily <Lily.Peng@pharma.com<mailto:Lily.Peng@pharma.com>> wrote: Hi,

I am trying to convert a SAS V6 dataset xx.ssd01 to SAS V9 dataset using PC SAS version 9. However, SAS (version 9) tells me that the library which has XX. ssd01 is empty. Anyone here knows how to handle it? Thanks a lot!!

libname adata v6 "C:\mydata"; libname adata9 v9 "c:\newdata"; proc copy in=adata out=adata9 memtype=data; run;

1131 libname adata v6 "C:\mydata"; NOTE: Libname ADATA refers to the same physical library as SOURCE6. NOTE: Libref ADATA was successfully assigned as follows: Engine: V6 Physical Name: C:\mydata 1132 libname adata9 v9 "c:\newdata"; NOTE: Libname ADATA9 refers to the same physical library as TMP2. NOTE: Libref ADATA9 was successfully assigned as follows: Engine: V9 Physical Name: c:\newdata 1133 proc copy in=adata out=adata9 memtype=data; 1134 run;

WARNING: Input library ADATA is empty. NOTE: PROCEDURE COPY used (Total process time): real time 0.01 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds