Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:20:32 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Davis <michael@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for replacement SSH Server for Reflection X

Hello Norm (and other SAS-L Friends),

Can't beat the price of Cygwin. We use it to support X to a Linux server via SSH. Have not tried it with SAS/AF but it ought to work.

Best wishes,

Michael

On Tue, June 1, 2010 12:44 pm, Norman Weston <nweston@AMGEN.COM> wrote: > To all the SAS experts out there, my company may be looking to replace > Reflection X with PuTTy as our Unix access due to compatibility issues > with > Vista. Unfortunately, some of us use Xwindows to Modify SAS code > interactively and we also use SAS/AF to power several Server applications. > While I know that PuTTy can forward to a SSH server, one still needs to > exist on the resident PC. If We discontinue Reflection X, that will no > longer exist. >

-- Michael L. Davis Ambler PA E-Mail: michael.davis@alumni.duke.edu