Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:47:15 -0400
Reply-To: "Roberts, Michael" <Michael.Roberts@ahca.myflorida.com>
Sender: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: "Roberts, Michael" <Michael.Roberts@ahca.myflorida.com>
Subject: How to run a "within sample" forecast in SPSS v17.0.3
Good Morning List,
I am looking for some help on running a within-sample forecast in SPSS v17.0.3. I am using the PASW Forecasting package and have been trying to do some Time Series analyses, but have so far been unable to do any within-sample tests of my modeling. Has anyone done this in SPSS and how can I by pass the default settings - these (estimation period) are defaulted to start= "first case" and end = "last case." I want to use about 70% to 75% of my available observations for a within sample testing for my models and use the remaining 25% for model validation!